Skip to main content

Lima

I have read that Lima is not a great place to visit and not worth stopping. Well I was surprised, the center felt like Hollywood! Clean, designer shops and  top class restaurants. Not that I would like to visit Hollywood, but you could see a lot of investment in parts of the city and there was a good mix of colonial with new. Lima has 30 districts, I can only remember the historic center, Miraflores and Barranco.

I stayed with my friend while in Lima and I was very well looked after by her and her large family and friends. I also met Edward Alba who is a professional photographer in Lima and a great guy.

I can recommend a bar in Barranco,on the main square Bar Taberna 1900 1st floor. Live Rock bands singing in English. Also try Ayahuasca not as cheap but is worth a visit!

The Historic Center

At The Magic Water Circuit


Ceviche 

Lomo Saltado

Hacienda La Rinconada de Mala. 
The family's land just outside Lima
Where they grow grapes to make Pisco

Sailing 

Ballestas Islands


Comments